Re: [Xen-users] Xen and OS X.

  • To: Xen-users <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Simon Hobson <simon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2016 17:22:45 +0100
  • Delivery-date: Sat, 23 Jul 2016 16:22:56 +0000

Steffan Cline <steffan@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> That has been asked many times and I’ve yet to find anything solid.
>
> The newer Xen tools are supposed to support UEFI but I have not had a chance
> yet to try that out and see.
>
> Set up a CentOS 7 box with the latest everything and give it a shot.

I too have had a good look around but never found anything definite - certainly
not a howto. I assume the main problem is much the same as setting up any
Hackintosh - working around the protections designed to stop OS X running on
non-Apple hardware - but with a bit added for the virtualisation.

I suspect the best way to tackle it would be to get a native (non-Xen) install
working, and then try booting it under Xen.