Re: [Xen-users] Xen and OS X.

Am Dienstag, 26. Juli 2016, 12:40:57 schrieb Jason Long:
>  I don't have enough recent experience to comment, although my current
> laptop is 8 years old and the main reason I want to replace it is to get
> support for more than 8G or RAM.
At least for the MacBookPro's i've got into my hands and used it over the last
15 years this is till true, but there was some revisions which had really
annoying (today well known) bugs. Our last 12 iMacs are 6 years today old and
still under heavy  usage every day - got a 8 GB RAM upgrade last month and
don't feel like "old computers"...

> more than PCs but can you define PC for me? I guess in your idea PC is a
> system that use Windows OS and then you right it is not reliable but for
> me, PC is just a computer and not have any relationship with OS. I
> recommended HP or Dell Workstation and then compare their power with your
> iMA
Ok,
for me - a MacBookPro user (with Linux on) - a nearly similiar equipped
Machine from HP was some hundred Euros/USD more expensive - but still with a
less reliable chassis (at least for my usage profile). May last 17" book from
early 2010 is still in every day usage and in many aspects comparable to new
machines from other vendors today.

Just to make clear - im not a "apple geek" - and (personally) use Linux and
i.e. linux mobile phones.

Getting xen running with my first MBP at 2010 was a real mess because of the
really "early" and "alternative" EFI implementation while the NVidia driver at
that time had real problems with xen in such a setup. Getting a Linux running
with full usage of any hardware aspects on a very new/fresh MacBook is usually
difficult for many linux end users (but after some monthes or 2 years this
often is another story...).

After very bad experiences with the keyboards (which i had to swap every two
years...) and weaky plastic chassis, buggy BIOS/ACPI stuff even of the highest
end notebooks i switched to Apples MBP line and (for me) this was the right
decision. I'm able to upgrade and repair that devices myself which is easier
then on many low cost systems.

just my two cents,

hiho,

Niels.