[Xen-users] "It's disallowed to assign <device> with shared RMRR at <address> for Dom<N>" after upgrading to 4.6

So I finally upgraded my system -- kernel 3.16 -> 4.6, Xen 4.5 -> 4.6, qemu 2.1 -> 2.6, and now my HVM domain with PCI passthrough won't start.

The first issue was that xl submits a now-invalid command line to qemu for an empty cdrom (qemu gives a truly bizarre error message here: "Must specify either driver or file").  I gave up and removed the drive entirely; hopefully I don't need to use that drive anytime soon.

The second issue is something about shared RMRRs. Unfortunately, I can't seem to get a lot of information on what's going on here; something about a security hole?

xl create fails with the message:

libxl: error: libxl_create.c:1424:domcreate_attach_pci: libxl_device_pci_add failed: -3

I finally found in 'xl dmesg' this line:

(XEN) [VT-D] It's disallowed to assign 0000:00:14.0 with shared RMRR at <address?> for Dom4.
(XEN) XEN_DOMCTL_assign_device: assign 0000:00:14.0 to dom4 failed (-1)

Unfortunately, I can't seem to find out how to understand what's going on here.
How can I view these RMRRs to find out what's being shared? (I turned on every option I could think of for Xen's logging, but no luck.)
How do I make my VM work again?

--
-- Stevie-O
Real programmers use COPY CON PROGRAM.EXE