[Xen-users] Compiling xen-netback from the Linux Kernel source

  • To: "xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: #PATHANGI JANARDHANAN JATINSHRAVAN# <JATINSHR001@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 4 Sep 2016 14:31:01 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Delivery-date: Sun, 04 Sep 2016 14:32:33 +0000

Hi,
For the past few days, I’ve been trying to compile xen-netback on a machine running Ubuntu 16.04 with a kernel that I compiled from the source (v4.7 rc 7).

I’ve noticed that the Makefile inside the directory drivers/net/xen-netback does not contain any targets, which results in a no targets found error when I run the make command from inside that directory.

Would someone be kind enough to point to what I need to modify or what I need to give as a make command to compile and insmod xen-netback?

Thanks
Jatin