Re: [Xen-users] a question with gplpv

On 07/09/16 07:38, 陆丰麒 wrote:
> Hello everyone.
>
> Thanks for reading my questions. I deployed a pvhvm guest(windows xp
> with gplpv) on xen 4.1.2 and debug corresponding  qemu-dm's process with
> gdb, I found that the guest's IO seems to go through qemu-dm.In
> addition, I try to run Fedora24 livecd with the pvhvm, the guest's IO
> seems to go through qemu too.
> In my opinion that the pvhvm guest's IO should bypass the qemu. Has
> anyone can tell me  that how the pvhvm works?

Xen is using qemu for some of the pv backends, too. I believe your
guests are using the qdisk backend. This is the reason you are seeing
xen_disk.c in your backtraces: pure hardware emulation being used for
the I/Os wouldn't have any Xen related components involved.

You can check which backends are being used by calling

xenstore-ls

in dom0. The output should contain the backend type for each guest
device.

Juergen