Re: [Xen-users] linux-4.7.* under xen-4.6.* gives "unhandled page fault (ec=0000)" at boot. -- Root cause found.

Den 12. sep. 2016 14:59, skrev Todd A. Walter:
> Hi Hakon,
>
> Yes, I am referring to your EFI memory access patch.  For whatever reason,
> the inbuilt  EFI MEMMAP kernel function doesn't return any results  (perhaps
> due to using GRUB2 as a bootloader but I'd thought that was fixed).  Which
> kernel revision are you using?  I'm using Gentoo-sources-4.7.2 and I don't
> see the patch in tree.
Sorry for the confusion. The discussion got continued on xen-devel, and
I was told that cross-posting is a no-no. Find it by searching for this
subject on xen-devel, or start with Message-ID:
<20160829142604.GD27665@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> (on xen-devel) , and all
will be clear :-) . Apparently the patch is submitted and "on its
(admittedly slow) way to Linus" according to JBeulich@xxxxxxxx.

This lkml thread contains the relevant patch:
http://lkml.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/1608.2/03448.html , though the
patch in there did not apply in gentooo-sources-4.7.2 for me, so I had
to do it by hand. That is why I did not have the relevant context
available immediately.