Re: [Xen-users] VHD versus VDI?

On Fri, Sep 30, 2016 at 9:45 PM, GoGoZoom PDX <gogozoompdx@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello, All:
>
> I've been reading the LVHD Design document on the XS Wiki
> (https://wiki.xenserver.org/index.php?title=LVHD_Design) and I'm a bit
> confused by the intermingling of the terms VHD & VDI.
>
> Are the two terms synonymous? Or is there a specific and different meaning
> to each? e.g., Is VHD a specification for a particular kind of VDI? (e.g.,
> This TechTarget article states that VHD is a Microsoft/Connectix format and
> that VDI is an Oracle/VirtualBox format:
> http://searchvirtualdesktop.techtarget.com/tip/Four-virtual-disk-formats-every-VDI-admin-needs-to-know)
>
> Inquiring minds want to know!

Eric,

FYI this forum is for the "plain" open-source XenProject.  Your
question is about XenServer, which is a separate product.  (It
contains the same hypervisor underneath, but has  a significantly
different contol plane.)  If you're a customer, then using the
customer support channels will get you a better answer; if you're
using openxenserver, then you can find the mailing lists and forums
for support on the OpenXenServer website:

http://xenserver.org/

Peace,
 -George