[Xen-users] Installing ISOs, help?

Hello;

I'm working to build my first lab and I'm excited to base it on Xen-Project.
Because FOSS. I've looked through the wiki, installed some test Debian
Jessie domU's, xen-tools and debootstrap are pretty great.

Now, I want to install Kali and Metasploitable from ISOs as a place to
start, and create a blog post to document it for others. I've found
Grant William's older tutorial to installing Kali, but it's based
on Xen-Server and that clearly doesn't work for Xen-Project.

I've tried accomplishing this with xen-tools by flailing around with
commands like the following, after mounting the ISO. (There's apparently
no longer a dist=other in 4.4.1, which was recommended as a switch in one
page I read).

xen-create-image --hostname=kali --memory=512mb --vcpus=2 --lvm=vg1
--ip=192.168.1.60 --netmask=255.255.255.0 --gateway=192.168.1.0
--mirror=file:/media/cdrom/kali --dist=jessie

That dies of course, the debootstrap running in the background appears to
try to treat the ISO as a repository:

----------------------------log fragment-------------------------------

Copying files from host to image.
Copying files from /var/cache/apt/archives/ ->
/tmp/kj1iVyvmcE/var/cache/apt/archives
Done
Done
I: Retrieving Release
E: Failed getting release file file:/media/cdrom/kali/dists/jessie/Release
Running command '/usr/sbin/debootstrap  --arch amd64 jessie /tmp/kj1iVyvmcE
file:/media/cdrom/kali 2>&1' failed with exit code 256.
Running command '/usr/sbin/debootstrap  --arch amd64 jessie /tmp/kj1iVyvmcE
file:/media/cdrom/kali 2>&1' failed with exit code 256.
Aborting

Anyways, so I'm clearly new to this, and would appreciate any help you can
provide! A existing walkthrough would be ideal, but I'll take really leading
hints as well, thanks!

--
 -____ GPG: public key id A72B03AC__