Re: [Xen-users] DomU Maximum Memory Limit

On 2016-10-27 20:34, Austin S. Hemmelgarn wrote:
On 2016-10-27 12:42, Konstantin wrote:
Do you know what is the current maximum memory limit for DomU machines?
We have a server with 192 cores, 6TB of RAM and we would like to host
one DomU with at least 4TB of RAM. Is it possible with current Xen version?
Thank you.

As of 4.7, you're capped at 1TB for a HVM domain, and some undefined
value above that for PV domains.  Prior to 4.7, the cap for HVM
domains is also 1TB, but the PV domain cap is 512GB.

I see. It means that in this particular case I probably do not have any other option than KVM. Thank you for your answer.

--
BR,
Konstantin