Re: [Xen-users] Live migration of VMs between two Alix APU boards running Debian Jessie & Xen 4.4

On Wed, Nov 2, 2016 at 9:16 AM, Jan Bakuwel <jan.bakuwel@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

I have two Alix boards running Debian Jessie, stock Xen 4.4 and drbd.
I'd like to live migrate VMs between them. They have slightly different
CPU's, see below.

If those are PC Engines apu2 and apu1 boards, they have nothing to do with alix, which is an older product of PC Engines. To say slightly different CPUs is understatement, first is CPU silicon only while second is SoC with PCIe/USB etc and there's couple generations of development between the two.

Most notably, apu2 has hardware AES acceleration apu1 does not have. Could be related to the trouble you see, although I can see CPUID bit 57 for AES-NI is masked. I would check AES-NI is really inactive while VM is running on apu2.

HTH,
Kyösti