Re: [Xen-users] Virtual Machine - Use the IP assigned through vif configuration

Hi,

> I have a Xen environment with bridged networking and statically-assigned
> IPs.
>
> I am trying to set the virtual machines IPs through the XL Configuration
> File, using the vif = ['... ip=192.168.0.X ...'] statement.

> The problem is that I don't know what to put in the
> '/etc/network/interfaces' file to make the VM automatically get the
> Xen-assigned IP address.

As far as I know, the "ip"-option is only routed into the vif-script in
dom0 (or the network backend domU). Thus it is more or less unusable in
the domU. If I am wrong, please correct me, I'd love to use that option,
too!

But I do think that not everything is lost. There is xenstore - this
might allow you to read the configured ip (and much more) from within
the domU, but I do not have any usable experience regarding this and it
might require a bit of scripting (and maybe changing permissions in the
dom0?)
Maybe that is a usable hint for you.

Cheers
CRT