[Xen-users] Extending a disk attached by iscsi

  • To: "xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Lang, Adam" <Adam.Lang@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2016 22:26:55 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Delivery-date: Mon, 28 Nov 2016 22:28:14 +0000

Hello,

I inherited an old Xen environment with one VM remaining that we need to use for the foreseeable future.

xen_caps               : xen-3.0-x86_64 xen-3.0-x86_32p

A disk for the VM is mapped via iscsi on a Dell Powervault for 2 terrabytes.  I increased the virtual capacity of the mapping on the powervault to over 3 terrabytes, but the actual VM still only recognizes 2 TB.

I can’t seem to find the appropriate way to have Xen recognize the larger capacity and the only Xen/iSCSI docs I see online are about newer Citrix oriented platforms.

If anyone can share ideas or where I can look, it would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Adam Lang

The information contained in or attached to this e-mail is intended only for the use of the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, or a person responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing, or retaining this e-mail or any part of it. It may contain information which is confidential and/or covered by legal, professional or other privilege under applicable law. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the author by replying to this e-mail immediately and delete this e-mail from your system. The views expressed in this email may not necessary be the views held by the organization. E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. The sender therefore does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message, which arise as a result of e-mail transmission.