Re: [Xen-users] Some questions about VNC and Xen features.

On 2016-12-20 05:04, Brennecke, Simon wrote:
Hi,

I use TigerVNC (1.7.0).
Copy and paste never worked for me.
But beside that it works very good.
I generally use Remmina, but that's Linux only. I know a number of people who use TightVNC though and have no issues with it.

Copy and paste between systems is likely to only work if the client implements it by simulating the keystrokes. The server isn't a regular VNC server, so you can't depend on it to actually handle anything that wouldn't work on a regular console.

As far as mouse pointer issues, try adding:
usbdevice=['tablet']
to your domain configuration. That will tell Xen to make the pointing device behave like a graphics tablet or touchscreen and report absolute coordinates instead of relative, which should fix any mouse pointer issues.

For display resolution, the domain configuration has a bigger impact than the VNC client. If you don't give the domain enough graphics memory, you won't get a good resolution, just like on a regular computer.

Regards
Simon