Re: [Xen-users] 32Bit domus and RAM between 128GB and 168 GB

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Jan Marquardt <jm@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2017 13:55:11 +0100
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 06 Jan 2017 12:56:34 +0000

>> I've just been having a chat with Andy Cooper, and apparently the
>> comment is actually not a typo; the explanation is rather complicated
>> but the summary is that the actual practical limit for modern 32-bit
>> Linux guests is 128 GB anyway.
>>
>> I don't think this has been documented well anywhere -- this is
>> probably something we should change.
>>
>> Jan,  Can you report the exact error message you got?  At a bare
>> minimum we should report a useful error message when people encounter
>> this situation.

Damn, I have to say sorry for borthering you. It works as mentioned in
the comment. It was a problem with our software which was caused by a
workround we had implemented when we first hit this issue with systems
with 192 GB RAM.

Best Regards

Jan

--
Artfiles New Media GmbH | Zirkusweg 1 | 20359 Hamburg
Tel: 040 - 32 02 72 90 | Fax: 040 - 32 02 72 95