Re: [Xen-users] Problem compiling Xen-4.7 with qemu-traditional for IGD passthrough

On 2 January 2017 at 02:48, Bill Mccabe <wmccabe@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have an old thinkpad x201 tablet which has Vt-d support enabled and I am
> trying to perform igd passthrough in Xen.
>
> It is my understanding that in order to attempt to do this I need to compile
> Xen with qemu-traditional.
No, generally the HVM domains work better using qemu-traditional as an
option in the domain .cfg file, but this depends on the OS (Windows is
definitely better with traditional in older versions, modern Unix
releases it doesn't matter much).

You do not need to modify the compile options

PK