[Xen-users] SAS drivers that work reliably under Xen

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Andy Smith <andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2017 13:29:20 +0000
  • Delivery-date: Mon, 16 Jan 2017 13:30:30 +0000

Hi,

Could any of you recommend SAS drivers which you have working
reliably in Xen dom0?

I have a Supermicro X10SRH-CLN4F board which has an LSI 3008
controller on-board; this uses the mpt3sas driver.

Unfortunately it is unusable under Xen (works fine bare metal).
There are patches to fix it, but these have been rejected by
upstream Linux so it could be a very long time before any resolution
is found. More details here:

I am probably going to find it easier and quicker to just buy a
different board, if I can find one with a well-supported SAS
chipset. I am assuming there must be some as otherwise we'd have
heard about such a massive problem by now.

So, those of you that have SAS, which chipset and drivers are you
using?

Thanks,
Andy