Re: [Xen-users] Guest OS changes for Paravirtualization

One more question:

So, despite my guest VM is running it's not using the paravirtualization functions that would optimize the I/O operations, right?

Thanks Juergen,

Em qui, 2 de mar de 2017 07:20, Juergen Gross <jgross@xxxxxxxx> escreveu:
On 02/03/17 11:07, Charles Gonçalves wrote:
> Paravirtualization needs changes on the OS guest accordingly xen wiki.
>
>  - Does someone know which changes is needed?

The most important changes are:

- different boot interface
- paravirtualized memory management
- paravirtualized interrupt handling
- no usage of "legacy" hardware and features (e.g. BIOS functions, x86
  IN/OUT instructions, ...)

>  - if I install a guest OS using hvm and switch for Paravirtualization
> the guest still run OK, why?

The guest is probably a modern Linux. The Linux kernel supports running
either native (includes hvm) or paravirtualized.

Juergen
--
Charles F.'. Gonçalves