[Xen-users] xennet_max_queues parameter and gnttab_max_nr_frames

Hello,

What is the reasoning behind having the number of queues per virtual interface default to the number of CPUs?

/* drivers/net/xen-netfront.c */

The number of queues required by our domus exceeded the default number of frames for the grant table (32) because the domus have several interfaces. This caused our domus to hang when loading networking modules on boot. Increasing gnttab_max_nr_frames on the dom0 resolved the issue.

Does increasing number of frames for the grant table present any issues? Should we reduce the number of queues per virtual interface instead?

Thanks for your help,
Jessica de la Cruz