Re: [Xen-users] "Hello Xen Project" Book.

On Wed, 15 Mar 2017 09:50:02 +0000 (UTC)
Mohsen <mohsen1365b@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Dear Xen Project community members,
>
> I have written a Xen book recently (pdf attached) which is aimed at
> teaching Xen newbies. I would like to make the book available to the
> Xen Project under a CC-BY-SA-3.0 license. Ideally, I would like to
> publish the content on the Xen Project wiki in an editable form, such
> that others can contribute and build on it and it stays up-to-date. I
> also noticed that the Xen Wiki has the
> https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Collection extension, which
> should make it possible to create a PDF, ODF or DocBook from the
> pages for those who want a manual rather than wiki pages.
>
> I had a conversation with Lars to check whether this is possible and
> he believes it is. He suggests that first we upload the book as pdf
> to the wiki and as a second step, agree an information architecture
> and then convert the book to mark-down. There are a number of
> conversion tools which should get us there some of the way, with a
> bit of cleanup and beautification needed after the initial import. I
> can make the source available in a format that makes conversion to
> markdown easier.
>
> What do people think? Is this a good idea? Would anyone be willing to
> help? I am not very familiar with Markdown and would need someone
> else to help with the wikification of the book. Lars already
> volunteered to help.
>
> Best Regards

you might want to look at something like this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Distributed_Proofreaders

Dave

--
In modern fantasy (literary or governmental), killing people is the
usual solution to the so-called war between good and evil. My books are

----- Ursula Le Guin