[Xen-users] domU leaks disk volume configs into to dom0 - iscsi / lvm

Hi,

My environment is linux / ubuntu 16, and I have noticed that iscsi block devices used by guests are scanned by lvm on the dom0. If any volume groups / disk labels are found, LVM will add them to dom0, which could potentaly allow one domu to access a disk resource of another unrelated domu.

    I found this discussion from 2012 which recognized the problem:

    https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/lvm2/+bug/995709

I have also noted other side effects. For example, when shutting down a guest with iscsi backed storage, lvm doesn't seem to release the mappings and they hang around for eternity (till reboot).

Is there some xen specfic iscsi config options or such that addresses these issues?

Mike-