[Xen-users] CIFS mount for domU in cfg file

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Jin Ortiz de Haas <j.ortizdehaas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 May 2017 21:09:29 +0200
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 24 May 2017 21:08:13 +0000
  • Spamdiagnosticmetadata: NSPM
  • Spamdiagnosticoutput: 1:99

Hello,

I hope someone can help me with my problem. I'm fairly new to xen and I'm stuck with an experiment I'm trying to do.

I got a W2012R2 server that is being backuped through the backup service of windows. The backup is placed on a windows machine (//server/backup). I want to recover this backup to a domU I've created. I run the windows recovery DVD from this domU (file:/mnt/usb/windows.iso,hdc:cdrom,r) but I cant access my share because the recovery fails to configure any networking.

I've mounted my on my dom0 the share and can access it without a problem (mount -t cifs //server/backup /mnt/backup).

Is there a way I can make /mnt/backup or //server/backup some kind of disk in the cfg so I can access it from the recovery of windows?

can I add it as some kind of disk in the following.

disk = ['phy:/dev/vg0/W2012R2,hda,w','file:/mnt/usb/windows.iso,hdc:cdrom,r']

I hope you can make me wiser.

Thanks in advance and cheers,

Jin