[Xen-users] Xen Boot Failure

Xen was working.  Now its not.  I believe the failure was when I
apt-get upgraded from within Xen.  Xen 4.8 is installed on Debian 9.
The system failed to complete the boot process, it repeatedly reports a failure in loading the driver for the Intel i915.

I can boot into Debian.  lspci says the video is Intel 5500.
This seems like a conflict, trying to load i915 were 5500 is required.

What can I do to overcome this?

After booting into Debian, I
dmesg -l 'xen*'

it showed Xen 4.6 and Xen 4.8 installed
In Debian
apt-get remove xen-hypervisor-4.6-amd64
apt-get remove xen-hypervisor-4.8-amd64
It reported complete.
I rebooted and the system automatically came up in Debian with no Xen shown.
I reinstalled Xen 4.8.
On reboot, I get the same problem showing i915.

Any suggestions?