[Xen-users] Wired and Wireless with Etables

I would like to determine how to configure dom0 to use either wireless or wired connections automatically depending upon which are available.

The machine will come up in Xen when configured as either wired or wireless.  This may not be relevant, but Xen will not boot if wireless is configured and no wireless is available, nor if both are configured and set to the bridge set to wired and wireless is not available.

I am trying to get Xen4.9 up and Debian 9 on a Toshiba laptop with only a wireless and a wired (enx0) connection through a docking station.  I am trying to use:  https://wiki.debian.org/BridgeNetworkConnections#Bridging_with_a_wireless_NIC

This laptop is a personal workstation implementing a variety of vms and OSs. Testing wireless internet connection is using JetPack 4G AP and I intend to use various public/private wireless APs.

It seems the way to do this is to bond wlan0 and eth0 as bond0, then build a bridge for domus with bond0.  Etables requires the bridge MAC to be defined in the rules.  I do not know how to assign a MAC to the bridge since I don't know which interface came up.

How can I set up bridging without knowing which interface is up?

Thanks,
Ray