Re: [Xen-users] domU freeze on Debian stretch

On Wed, Jul 26, 2017 at 09:06:08AM +0200, Valentin Vidic wrote:
> Having a strange problem with a database server after upgrading
> to Debian stretch.  Shortly after boot all disk IO on the system
> hangs and the messages bellow appear although the load on the
> machine is almost 0.  The only way to restart the system is
> using xl destroy.  When this happens the system is booted with
> all 56 VCPUs and reducing this to a lower number like 24 seems
> to help (no hangs after that).  Could this be a problem with the
> Xen scheduler since all threads listed hang in __schedule?

Setting gnttab_max_frames=256 seems to help with this issue,
as suggested by the xen developers. Just found a SUSE page with
the same info:

  I/O to LUNs hang / stall under high load when using xen-blkfront
  https://www.novell.com/support/kb/doc.php?id=7018590

--
Valentin