Re: [Xen-users] Fedora guest not detecting virtual disk

It has been a real long time since I used XenCenter.  Are you using
the windows official version, is it up to date?  What version of
XenServer are you using?

I think if I remember correctly you had to attach the disk and then
activate it in the GUI interface, or I could be thinking of taking the
disk out...I would have to deactivate, and then unplug.

Also it should pop up as an xvdX device...and most of the time it pops
up as root, so make sure to check as root.

I have not used fedora in a long time, I do not know how it would set
the permissions of a xen device on hotplug.

I would think this does not matter much, but did you install Fedora in
paravirtualization mode?  When you selected a template, did you select
fedora or Other?

Try an install w/ other and get into full HVM mode...most linux now a
days has pv hvm stuff built in so...

Last time I used it, it seemed to work great though.

Can you try https://xen-orchestra.com/ and see if you have the same issue?

Sorry I cannot be of anymore help.

Your best bet at this point is to find the logs
(https://xenserver.org/partners/developing-products-for-xenserver/20-dev-hints/90-xs-log-debug-understand.html)
that would output the messages that have to do with what you are
doing.

I would look into the logs:

ssh into the box ssh xenserver.domain -lroot

cd /var/log

tail -f xensource.log

Then try and attach the disk and see what happens.

If you take a look at xen-orchestra it can do all the software
patching for xenserver too for you, you may need a patch or something.