Re: [Xen-users] libvchan, why read random number of characters

On Fri, Aug 11, 2017 at 07:36:27PM -0400, Jarvis Roach wrote:
> Does anyone know of the reason why in libvchan/node.c the writer() function
> reads in a random (bounded by BUFSIZE) number of bytes from STDIN? Similar
> question for why a random a number of bytes (bounded first by BUFSIZE and
> then by the actual number of bytes avail) are read in from the ring buffer
> before writing them to STDOUT. I didn't see anything in the commit history
> and couldn't find any comments in the source code explaining why or if this
> is needed.

It's much more faster to read/write in batches rather than writing a
single character at a time. But I'm not sure if that answer your
question because I'm not sure I fully understand the question.

Maybe you can send a patch showing how you think it should be done
instead?

Thanks, Roger.