Re: [Xen-users] Xen DomU poor I/O performance

On Mon, Oct 9, 2017 at 11:56 AM, Michał Chybowski
<michal.chybowski@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I'm working on SR for Xen using independent iSCSI targets for each VDI via
> IPoIB on Mellanox Technologies MT25208 [InfiniHost III Ex] (rev 20).
>
> VDI is correctly attaching, detaching, etc. but it's I/O is terrible. VDI is
> attached to VM without use of blktap as with high I/O from VMs it can almost
> completely use up whole Dom0's CPU.

By using the terms 'SR' and 'VDI', I assume you're talking about using
XenServer (or OpenXenServer)?

This mailing list is for supporting the core hypervisor toolstack (xl
and libvirt).  For XenServer / xapi support you'll have to go to a
XenServer-specific forum.

 -George