Re: [Xen-users] How to get printk() message in Dom0

Hi Xinyue,

On 10/19/2017 11:23 AM, xinyue wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
>     I'm new to Xen. I printed some memory information of dom0 using printk()
> function in Xen and I want to get full message about printk. As I deploy Xen
> on
> laptop without serial port and vPro, I didn't have debugging environment.
> When
> using 'xl dmesg', I can only get part of the information. I think the message
> may save in some place like log. Has anyone known the place?

I do not think there is place to put "xm dmesg" as xen does not support file
system.

>    Or can I save the printk() message to a particular file by modifying some
> parts of Xen source code?

Without serial port, would you try to increase "conring_size" param so that you
would have larger buffer to cache your "xm dmesg"?

Please refer to xen/drivers/char/console.c

Dongli Zhang