Re: [Xen-users] i2c pass-through in mpsoc

On 13/10/17 10:55, Jesús Lázaro wrote:
Hi,

Hello,

Avoiding the dtdev property avoids any error. Now the issue is that, although in the devicetree/passthrough section the i2c appears, the kernel fails to load any drivers and does not create the /dev/i2c device.

The dom0 kernel has XEN support following https://wiki.xenproject.org/wiki/Mainline_Linux_Kernel_Configs

dmesg does not offer any messages regarding issues with the i2c.

I am a bit confused. You say you pass-through to a guest, but speak about Dom0 kernel. So the dmesg is from DomU or Dom0?

Note that when doing platform device passthrough, Dom0 kernel is not involved in the process. The guest will have full access and should detect it via device-tree.

Make sure you have I2C built in your guest kernel.

Cheers,

--
Julien Grall