[Xen-users] macvtap on Xen

Hi All,

I installed Xen on CentOs-7 and the kernel got upgraded to 4.9.58
after installing Xen. The Xen version 4.6.6-3.el7.

When I tried to create guest VM using virt-manager, I found that there
is no macvtap option present for guest virtual NIC options. The KVM
hypervisor supports macvtap using virt-manager by default. I tried to
edit guest VM xml file by specifying <interface type='direct'> but
when I start guest VM, I am getting "error libvirtError: unsupported
configuration: unsupported interface type direct". I got same error
when tried to use virt-install options --network
type=direct,source=em2.

Did anyone tried virtio-macvtap on Xen?

Xen guest VM interface definition:
<interface type='direct'>
    <mac address='52:54:00:e1:d8:2c'/>
    <source dev='em2' mode='bridge'/>
    <model type='virtio'/>
    <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x04' slot='0x00' function='0x0'/>
</interface>

Thanks and Regards,
Naveen