should yield something like this:

    bridge name     bridge id               STP enabled     interfaces
    xenbr0          8000.4ccc6ad1847d       no              enp2s0

As for a tutorial, I'd suggest at least having a look through the Xen Begginers Guide:

https://wiki.xenproject.org/wiki/Xen_Project_Beginners_Guide

It's dated (in particular, I wouldn't follow the advice there for building a PV Debian guest), but it contains the essentials to get Xen working generically.

Also, since your network stopped working, I'd go back and check that your netplan configuration matches the one in the link you sent. The key is that dhcp is not enabled on the ethernet card (eth0 or enps0 or whatever), but rather on the bridge.

David

On 2020-06-01 3:06 a.m., Martin Hargreaves wrote:

Dear Xen Community,

I’m new to the field of virtualization so please excuse this request if it is placed on the incorrect forum.

I am running Ubuntu 18.04 and following the instructions on...

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Xen

and not getting anywhere fast. I found out that the above instructions are out of date for Ubuntu 18.04, because the networking has been implemented differently

https://askubuntu.com/questions/1171864/how-to-install-xen-project-on-ubuntu-server-18-04-3-lts

However, when I make this change my machine can no longer access the internet.

I have searched on https://xen.markmail.org/ but not really found a clear answer to my question:

Please can anyone let me know the best way to get Xen up and running on Ubuntu? Should I try to put Ubuntu 16.04 on my m/c and then follow the instructions given?

And for the best tutorial? I have seen that there is “The Definitive Guide to the Xen Hypervisor” by David Chisnall (2008)  and “Running Xen: A Hands-on Guide to the Art of Virtualization” by Jenna Matthews et. Al (2008) but will these help with installing and using the current version?

  Thank you for any insights that anyone may have.

    Martin...