Re: Unable to start more than 14 domUs - libxl__xs_transaction_commit: could not commit xenstore transaction

On Wednesday, June 3, 2020 3:26:19 PM CEST Jürgen Groß wrote:
> On 03.06.20 15:01, J. Roeleveld wrote:
> > On Wednesday, June 3, 2020 2:56:06 PM CEST Jürgen Groß wrote:

> >> The default is 1000, you can set the value via the -E start parameter of
> >> xenstored (e.g. "-E 5000" to set it to 5000), or if you are using
> >> oxenstored by editing your /etc/xen/oxenstored.conf file (entry
> >> "quota-maxentity").
> >
> > Has this default been changed/lowered?
> > Or has there been an increase in amount of values in xenstore?
>
> Depends. Which Xen version did you use before, and which Xenstore
> variant (xenstored, oxenstored, or xenstore-stubdom) are you using?
> Did you change anything in the driver domain?

My previous version was 4.11.2.
Using xenstored.
No changes done to the driver domain.
- Issue occured initially when driver domain was still on 4.11.2
- Issue still occured when driver domain was upgraded to 4.12.2

In my opinion, putting a quota on the xenstored database at 1000kb is far too
low. I am not doing anything special and have had no issues running over 20
VMs simultaneously in the past.

Suddenly encountering this is unexpected and, if sane defaults are used,
unnecessary.

Do you happen to know if this limit was changed between 4.11 and 4.12 or if
the xenstored usage increased without realising?
I also can not find any list of "xenstored" commandline options to change
these settings on the xen-website or anywhere else. What do I need to put into
google to find this?

--
Joost