Re: help

On Sat, 6 Jun 2020, Julien Grall wrote:
> On 05/06/2020 07:54, Sara Alonso wrote:
> > Hi,
>
> Hello,
>
> Adding Stefano as this looks like a Xilinx SDK issue rather than a Xen itself.
>
> Cheers,
>
> > I am a student and I am using Xen for my master thesis. I am trying to boot
> > a standalone server TCP guest in Xen DomU on a ZCU102 board. First, I build
> > a petalinux project (in xen.dtsi I have added some lines for passthroughing
> > the uart1 and the gem3). Next, I create a standalone application in SDK,
> > selecting "Hypervisor Guest: Yes" and using lwIP TCP Perf Server template. I
> > selected uart1 for output in bsp settings. When I build the project
> > server.bin file is created. I also create a config file (attached). I copy
> > the files for booting Dom0, server.bin and dom1.cfg file in the FAT
> > partition of the SD card. Then I boot Dom0 without any problem. I createdom1
> > with xl createdom1.cfg. The domain is created without any error. When I do
> > xl list, it says that dom1 is running, but anything appears in uart1 and I
> > cannot connect the client, so I think the application is not running
> > correctly. I don't have this problem when I boot a hello world application
> > in domU, it appears the message in uart1.
> >
> > I think I am missing some step. Could you help me to solve this
> > issue, please?

Hi Sara,

Let me ask you a bunch of questions to make sure I understand your setup
correctly.

Could you please send me the host device tree that you are using
(i.e. xen.dtb), the VM config file for the DomU (createdom1.cfg) and the
partial device tree for the Domu? (I can't access the files you attached
to your original email.)

Also, what version of Xilinx Xen are you using?

For your information, I know of a potential issue with the LWIP
baremetal app on Xen. It manifests with warning messages like the
following on the Xen console:

  No access to MMIO read ff5e005c, which is gem3's REF CTRL register address

Have you seen anything like it by any chance? If so, I know the solution
to the problem.