Re: Input to start porting OS to XEN

On 10/06/2020 07:20, AshishKumar Mishra wrote:
Hi All ,

Hello,

I am starting with virtualization / hypervisor for the for first time & hence apologize if this is not the correct place to start .

Welcome! It will be nice to see zephyr running on Xen!

1) Can team please provide any pointer for the steps
      to port / run an rtos (Zephyr ) on xen.

2) Or if team can point share feedback w.r.t complexity & rough time for this ? I am evaluating zephyr on XEN  (as i come from linux driver development background , i thought zephyr will be better )

Porting an OS to Xen is a bit vast. The bare-minimum should not take long depending on what arch/guest you are targeting, but this can add up when porting PV drivers.

Below a few question to try to have a better picture:
   - What architecture are you targeting?
   - What type of guest (e.g PV, PVH, HVM)?
   - What para-virtualized devices do you expect to expose to your guest?

Cheers,

--
Julien Grall