Re: CentOS 8.x: if your virt stack does not start with Xen you did it wrong

Hello,

Significant news has happened since I started this.
https://blog.centos.org/2020/12/future-is-centos-stream/

as stated in the Centos blog, the new EOL for C8 is less than 1 year out.
Nevertheless I pushed through and got a Copr build for xen-4.13.2 with
qemu-4.1 and libvirt-5.6.

Copr now alllows disabling modules in the buildroot, so there is a way
to disable the `virt module`, which makes building a xen based virt8
stack impossible.

After doing the Copr build I added the Copr repo into my dom0
repolist, did the install. The dom0 is running as expected.

Copr result packages:
https://copr-be.cloud.fedoraproject.org/results/prymar56/virt8-xen4d/epel-8-x86_64/

Copr repo link:
https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/prymar56/virt8-xen4d/repo/epel-8/prymar56-virt8-xen4d-epel-8.repo

The big letdown with libvirt is there is no support for a pv install.
The desired kernel is from elrepo kernel-ml.

cheers,
Prymar56