Xen Remus with network storage

Good afternoon!

I've been reading about using Remus (here: https://wiki.xenproject.org/wiki/Getting_Started_with_Remus) and was curious - I've currently got two Xen hosts hooked to an iscsi backend, where the volumes are accessible on both hosts already. Live-migration works well at this point. I was hoping to set up some HA for one of my VMs (router/firewall), and was curious if it would be possible to use the Remus functionality without disk replication (since that's already being handled)? Would it be safe to walk through most of the steps, just not do the "disk replication" step?

Chris