A question about Dom0.

Hello,
Is control domain part of the Xen Hypervidor?
I know Citrix Hypervisor is based on the Xen Hypervisor and about Citrix Hypervisor and Dom0 Google tell me:

"The control domain, also known as 'dom0', is a secure, privileged Linux Virtual Machine (VM) that runs the Citrix Hypervisor management toolstack (XAPI). The control domain provides the Citrix Hypervisor management function. It also runs the driver stack that provides user-created VMs access to physical devices."

When Dom0 is kind of a VM, then Xen Hypervisor running in a VM???

Why PV on HVM removed?

Thank you.