Re: [MirageOS-devel] Irmin roadmap

Le vendredi, 21 novembre 2014 Ã 17:18, Thomas Gazagnaire a Ãcrit :
> - All the operations in a store now take a **mandatory** `origin` argument,
> even the read operation [2] (before, only the merge operations where
> requiring it).

Naive, uninformed question. I read getting a store handle is cheap and can be
used multiple time, wouldn't it make sense to ask the origin on handle creation
and store it there ? That would avoid having to pass it along to each of the
functions. Suppose I want to work with two origins, with the current scheme I
need to work with three values. With the origin bundled in the store, I need to
work only with two values.

Note this should only be done if exactly *all* functions always take
handle+origin together.

Best,

Daniel