Re: [XenARM] State of PV Xen on ARM

On Fri, 2013-03-01 at 15:09 +0000, Simon Sturm wrote:
> Hi,
>
> What is actually the current and future development plan of the PV
> version of Xen on ARM?
> I guess that this work will not go upstream to the "official" Xen on
> ARM (originally intended for processors with virtualization
> extensions) soon and maybe never.

> Am I right with this assumption?

The Xen PV port is a completely separate port and won't be merged with
the Xen on ARM with virtext port (speaking as a maintainer of the
virtext port).

That doesn't rule the PV port out as being maintained as a separate
second ARM port. I wouldn't want make any statements about the future of
the PV port but the original authors of the PV Xen on ARM port have not
been publicly active for quite some time now.

Ian.