Re: [Xen-users] xl create unable to connect to console, 4.4.1-rc1 build from source

On Fri, 2014-07-25 at 11:08 -0600, David A. Van Arnem wrote:

From your other mail it looks like you've sorted this but a couple of
last comments.

> Here's my full _paths.h:
>
> #define SBINDIR "/usr/local/sbin"
> #define BINDIR "/usr/local/bin"
> #define LIBEXEC "/usr/local/lib/xen/bin"
> #define LIBDIR "/usr/lib64"
> #define SHAREDIR "/usr/local/share"
> #define PRIVATE_BINDIR "/usr/lib64/xen/bin"

OOI why the mixture of /usr/local and /usr? I don't know how Fedora is
setup but perhaps you actually wanted --libdir=/usr/local/lib64?
Normally /usr is reserved for packaged stuff.

> So, PRIVATE_BINDIR is set correctly for libdir=/usr/lib64, so I'm not
> sure why xl is still looking for it in /usr/lib.  I mis-spoke
> previously when I said I hadn't passed any parameters to .configure
> the first time, I used /usr/lib.  So, it may be possible that I didn't
> clean/uninstall the previous installation correctly.  I just used make
> uninstall, but I also believe I was running the hypervisor when I did
> the uninstall which I could see being a problem...

uninstall unfortunately can miss stuff. It shouldn't matter if you are
running Xen at the time though.

> > In my install attempts they are installed in
> > ${prefix}/lib64/python/site-packages, independent from --libdir=. The
> > target dir is provided by the system python. Maybe the used target dir
> > is not in systems python search path? If so, that would be a bug in that
> > python installation.
>
> I'm not sure how to determine the system's Python search path (echo
> $PYTHONPATH doesn't show a path, not sure if that's it).

$ python
>>> import sys
>>> print sys.path
['', '/usr/lib/python2.7', '/usr/lib/python2.7/plat-linux2', ...snip

$PYTHONPATH will be added to this I think.

Ian.