Notes from FuSa meeting 2022-06-22 about Deviations

Hi all,

These are some of the notes that I took today during the meeting about
deviations

Cheers,

Stefano

---

reasons for deviations:
- code quality
- access to hardware (need compiler extensions to access hardware)
- adopted code integration
- non-compliant adopted code

Purpose of tagging:
- I don't want to see this report from the tools again
- This is the reason why I am deviating

Tags:
- adopted
  this is adopted code
- safe
  it is a violation but actually the code is safe
- relied
  this is for adopted code again and only concern dev confusion
- false-positive
- compliant
  for *possible* violations which are safe
- false-negative
  Flagging a violation that is present in the code even if the tool
  doesn't spot it. Probably not applicable to Xen as we want to enable
  multiple tools

Probably none of our code can be claimed to be "adopted" according to
MISRA, even the one coming from Linux.

There is a way to silence warnings at the file level.

We can silence warnings at a file level for code coming from Linux for
now, until we figure out a strategy.