Re: [Minios-devel] Sharing pages between two mini-os

Dear Samuel,
Thanks for prompt reply.
Is there any other way to implement shared_memory between two mini-os quests rather than using the book example?
Thanks

On Mon, May 1, 2017 at 1:36 PM, Samuel Thibault <samuel.thibault@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello,

Ariani A, on lun. 01 mai 2017 13:19:20 -0400, wrote:
> error: incompatible types when assigning to type ‘__guest_handle_ulong’ from
> type ‘struct grant_entry_t *’
>      setup_op.frame_list = grant_table;
>
> The error will be:
> error: conversion to non-scalar type requested
>      setup_op.frame_list = (XEN_GUEST_HANDLE(ulong))grant_table;

Rather read the rest of the source code to know how it's done :)

arch/arm/mm.c:    set_xen_guest_handle(setup.frame_list, frames);
arch/x86/mm.c:    set_xen_guest_handle(setup.frame_list, frames);

Those look like a good way to do it :)

That being said, the comment for GNTTABOP_setup_table says

  “Xen may not support more than a single grant-table page per domain.”

I don't know if that's still true. Mini-os does set up its own
grant-table, so you may not be able to set up your own.

As a matter of fact, you don't actually need to: ./include/gnttab.h
should already be giving you an interface to grant access to pages to
other domains.

Samuel