Re: [Minios-devel] Some queries regarding Unikraft on x86/arm

Thanks Wei for the crisp reply !!
Waiting for Simon's insights on Unikraft-x86 on Xen :)

Thanks and Regards,
Ajay

On Wed, Apr 4, 2018 at 8:04 AM, Wei Chen <Wei.Chen@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Ajay,

>  a) Unikraft (for arm32) is built using HVM mode, and will _only_ work with processors that have hardware-virtualization enabled, right?

Yes, that’s right. Currently, for arm32-unikraft, we plan to support Xen and Linux/KVM.

Both of them need hardware virtualization enabled processors.

> b) Unikraft (for x86) also uses HVM mode, and works _only_ with processors that have hardware-virtualization enabled, right?

> Or Unikraft works/can-work using PV mode?

Unikraft-x86 of KVM platform uses HVM mode, it should require hardware virtualization

enabled processors. But it seems the Unikraft-x86 of Xen platform is using PV-mode.

I am not sure about it, but I think Simon could give you a clear answer.

Regards,

Wei Chen