Re: [Minios-devel] [UNIKRAFT] Xen PVH platform

On Tue, Mar 12, 2019 at 11:25:21PM +0100, Marek Marczykowski-Górecki wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 12, 2019 at 04:47:16PM +0000, Wei Liu wrote:
> > Off topic: can I suggest you s/HVMLITE/PVH/ ?
>
> Actually, that's also a good question - multiple parts about PVH
> internally are named HVM (for example HVMOP_get_param). Which kind of
> makes sense, but doesn't ease naming things.

Not sure the parts of what are you referring to. I admit I haven't had
time to go through unikraft's internals.

> So, is
>
>     #ifdef CONFIG_XEN_PVH

>         HYPERVISOR_hvm_op(HVMOP_get_param, ...)
>     #endif
>
> ok?
>
> To be honest, I'm not sure if some parts wouldn't also make sense in
> actual HVM, where putting them under CONFIG_XEN_PVH would be even more
> confusing... Not sure why would anyone want to do that, but that's yet
> another thing possibly affecting names here.

So, from hypervisor's PoV, there isn't "PVH". PVH and HVM share the same
set of hypercalls. The difference is what emulations are available to
the guest and the boot ABI.

I think using CONFIG_XEN_HVM is probably better?

Wei.