Re: [Minios-devel] [UNIKRAFT/PTHREAD-EMBEDDED PATCH 3/8] patches: Add patches for proper building of original library

On 5/27/19 1:45 PM, Florian Schmidt wrote:
> Hi Costin,
>
> those patches look fine. Just two remarks:
>
> The first four patches are large and touch a lot of files. Good thing
> pthread-embedded isn't really developed much any more, because it would
> be a pain to port these to a potential newer version. ;-) I'm wondering
> though: all those changes in the first four patches look like bugfixes.
> Did you consider submitting them upstream? If they accept them, it's
> great for them and great for us (because we can remove them from our
> patching step).

Yeah, AFAIK pthread-embedded is not officially maintained either. I'm
not sure the guys working on Hermit are willing to do that, we'll have
to discuss with them about that.

> The other remark is that for the last patch, it would be great if you
> could add a sentence or two to explain what this fixes and why.

Will do.

Thanks,
Costin