Re: dnspacket.ml

2011/7/27 Ãireann Leverett <epl25@xxxxxxxxx>:

> I'm guessing I should be using the interfaces instead of linking all files
> together (perhaps this is what you meant). So for DNS I can see eight
> currently defined:
>
> server
> hashcons
> dnstrie
> dnsserver
> dnsrr
> dnsquery
> dnsloader
> dnslexer
>
> Which is now starting to make a lot more sense. However, can anyone tell me
> what .mly files are for?

mly files are intended to generate parsers through the use of ocamlyacc.
Similarly mll files can be processed by ocamllex to obtain lexers.

> Also, does mirage generally use the ocamlc or ocamlopt compilation? The book
> establishes the difference as primarily easilydebuggable&portable
> -v-performance enhanced&native code. Is there any more to that story?

AFAIK thee are no big differences besides those you mentioned. I know
that the linking step can differ in certain cases.

Also, bytecode is used as an intermediate step in the js_of_ocaml compiler.

--
_______
Raphael