Re: n00b question- rebuilding mirage tree

AFAICT, this is a bug in mirage's build process.

After
$ make

you just need to do
$ cd lib
$ make

and then
$ cd ..
$ make install

should work.

I don't know why this particular backend is not compiled when invoking
`make` from the top-level directory.

On Thu, Aug 11, 2011 at 1:02 PM, Richard Mortier
<Richard.Mortier@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> just doing a rebuild after not merging for a while - am being told
>
> : mort@greyjay:mirage.git$; make PREFIX=~/research/mirage/install all install
> /Users/mort/research/mirage/mirage.git/tools/crunch
> Finished, 0 targets (0 cached) in 00:00:00.
> Finished, 6 targets (6 cached) in 00:00:00.
> /Users/mort/research/mirage/mirage.git/tools/mir
> make[1]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
> /Users/mort/research/mirage/mirage.git/syntax
> Finished, 0 targets (0 cached) in 00:00:00.
> Finished, 106 targets (106 cached) in 00:00:00.
> /Users/mort/research/mirage/mirage.git/lib
> OS: unix
> Flow: socket
> # No parallelism done
> OS: unix
> Flow: direct
> # No parallelism done
> Assembling: camlp4 extensions
> Skipping: Xen
> Assembling: UNIX direct
> Assembling: UNIX socket
> Assembling: node socket
> Must build node-socket first
> make: *** [install] Error 1
>

> ...what is node-socket, and how should i install it? Â(npm search throws up
> many socket related things, but nothing called node-socket)
>
> (on osx 10.5/64bit if it makes a difference.)
> --
> Cheers,
>
> R.
>
> This message and any attachment are intended solely for the addressee and may
> contain confidential information. If you have received this message in error,
> please send it back to me, and immediately delete it. Â Please do not use,
> copy or disclose the information contained in this message or in any
> attachment. ÂAny views or opinions expressed by the author of this email do

_______
Raphael