Re: build broken + doc

On 15 Sep 2011, at 16:43, Robert N. M. Watson wrote:

> On 15 Sep 2011, at 16:42, Anil Madhavapeddy wrote:
>
>> I'm fixing the Xen issue now; I forgot to push from my Linux box.
>>
>> How is 'make doc' broken for you? Works here for me. The steps are still a
>> little manual for the JSON. You need to:
>>
>> $ cd mirage.git
>> $ make doc
>> $ cd docs
>> $ ./_build/parse.native ../lib/_build/unix-direct # or another backend
>>
>> Now checkout mirage-browser.git, and put the JSON file from the last command
>> into mirage-browser/data/info.json, and load index.html.
>>
>> Once the browser settles down (and it would be really nice to have something
>> ready for the tutorial), we can hook up all the commands into the Makefile.
>
> I wonder if it would make sense to set up Mirage with a Jenkins build server,
> as we do for CHERI and its unit test suite? We might have to read up on how
> to use Jenkins with git; this far we've only used it with Subversion for
> CTSRD projects.

Absolutely. I was actually talking to some folks in Citrix about this last
Friday, as they are now using it for the open-source builds of the Xen Cloud
Platform (also using git+ocaml). Jenkins seems to be the way forward.

The regression suite in the Mirage tree is falling into shape very nicely now,
and will also generate performance numbers as well as basic functionality
tests. Richard Mortier is currently working on porting our old ad-hoc scripts
into the new framework, so once I'm back from Japan after next week, I'd be
very keen to hook it into a continuous build system so we can keep an eye on
the numbers as we experiment with changes.

And if there's one thing the first full Mirage publication needs, it's a lot of
numbers :-)

Anil