Re: next steps

On Wed, Sep 28, 2011 at 1:50 PM, Anil Madhavapeddy <anil@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> [â]
>
> - Yaron Minsky suggested merging Core (the really nice Jane Street Capital
> standard libraries that are very featureful) with Mirage, so I'm
> investigating that.

Having a more complete standard library seems a good idea. There are
two open questions though:
- how will it impact the size of the binaries? Will it make a native
equivalent of ocamlclean necessary?
- is Core getting a better documentation soon? (current doc is here:
http://www.janestreet.com/ocaml/janestreet-ocamldocs/core/index.html )

> [â]
>
> In terms of a release, we need to figure out what the best thing to do is
> with regards to using Core versus the OCaml standard library. If anyone
> investigates Async and Lwt integration, let the list know!

I could not find the Async library. I downloaded all the .tar.gz I
could find on JS' website. If anyone can get their hands on an async
releaseâ

--
_______
Raphael