Re: next steps

On 28 Sep 2011, at 14:35, Raphael Proust wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 28, 2011 at 1:50 PM, Anil Madhavapeddy <anil@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> […]
>>
>> - Yaron Minsky suggested merging Core (the really nice Jane Street Capital
>> standard libraries that are very featureful) with Mirage, so I'm
>> investigating that.
>
> Having a more complete standard library seems a good idea. There are
> two open questions though:
> - how will it impact the size of the binaries? Will it make a native
> equivalent of ocamlclean necessary?

I'm hoping that the OcamlPro namespaces patch will make this a non-issue; the
idea there is that subdirectories of modules can all be separately compiled and
packed individually. Fabrice, Thomas, can you comment on the feasibility of
this?

> - is Core getting a better documentation soon? (current doc is here:
> http://www.janestreet.com/ocaml/janestreet-ocamldocs/core/index.html )

Yeah, they're working on it.  I've also mailed Yaron asking for the URL of the
Async library. It's not in the released source code bundles as far as I can
tell.

Anil